August 13, 2020, 09:33:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shopping for TT  (Read 924 times)
piperBob
Wheel Chocker

« on: May 29, 2019, 12:19:37 pm »

My wife and I are shopping for a travel trailer to buy sometime later this year. We used to have a popup, so we have a pretty clear idea of our needs and desires:

Small and light. Probably no more than 17 feet, but maybe 19.
Queen size bed.
Shower with gray water tank.
Toilet of some sort.
Kitchen facilities are unimportant because we will probably always cook outdoors.
Dinette (in addition to the bed). In some of the smallest campers the only seating is the dinette that converts to a bed. We need to have seating in addition to the bed.
Awning

I'd like something that doesn't require a lot of maintenance.

So far, campers that seem like reasonable choices are fiberglass campers like Scamp, Casita, and Escape. Some of the Rpod models look good. Also there's a Forest River with a folding roof like an Aliner that might work. I think the Tab trailers would be good but for the lack of seating.

Are there other good options for small campers that meet my criteria?

Geodude
Sr. Moderator
PUX is my life

Canada's beautiful capital city, Ottawa, Ontario

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 02:24:44 pm »

If you're looking for low maintenance, I'd suggest the Alto by Safari Condo. They're made without any materials that can rot or degrade, and have been wind tunnel tested apparently.  They have some interesting models and features.  They're located near Quebec City, so an epic trip right there if you opt to do a factory pickup. Apparently they were designed to fit in a shipping container so they can be sent to you too.

https://safaricondo.com/en/caravanes-alto/
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 02:25:11 pm by Geodude » Logged

2020 Grand Design Solitude 380FL, 42' five-slide 5er
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali dually with 6.6L Duramax and B&W Companion hitch
piperBob
Wheel Chocker

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 04:17:20 am »

That Safari Condo looks really nice. It seems to meet all my criteria, and that panoramic window is something.

At 83.5 inches tall (closed) it's just 1 inch too high to put in my carport. Unless I let air out of the tires....

And we like  visiting Canada. From Quebec City Nova Scotia isn't that far and it's been 20 years since we've been there. Hmmm Smiley
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 04:25:33 am by piperBob » Logged
Geodude
Sr. Moderator
PUX is my life

Canada's beautiful capital city, Ottawa, Ontario

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 11:51:33 am »

I've seen those trailers first hand, met the owner of the company too. In fact, I interviewed him for an article we did for PopUp Times magazine, a few years back. I was pretty impressed, especially with the clamshell model.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 380FL, 42' five-slide 5er
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali dually with 6.6L Duramax and B&W Companion hitch
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: